The Phi Delta Theta badge was first made in 1849. It consisted of a flat gold shield with a scroll in the lower part bearing the Greek letters for Phi Delta Theta and an eye in the upper portion. Beginning in 1866, a sword attached to the shield was commonly worn, but the attachment was not officially a part of the badge until it was formally adopted by the Convention of 1871. The badge, except as to size and ornamentation, has not been changed since then.
The badge is made of gold or platinum, and consists of a shield, with a scroll bearing the letters of Phi Delta Theta over the fesse and nonbril points, an eye over the honor point, and a sword attached by a chain from the sinister chief point to the hilt. The badge may be jeweled, and the scroll may be enameled in white and the eye in black. The sword shall always be worn with the shield, and both may be made in one piece. Every member shall wear the badge at all times appropriate. The proper place for it is over the heart rather than on the coat lapel. The Code provides that only initiated members of the Fraternity, their mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, or fiancées should wear the badge.
The first Phikeia button was adopted in 1894 and was the first pledge button to be used by any fraternity. The present pin was designed in 1900. It is a square with rounded corners with a white diagonal bar across it bearing the Greek word for Phikeia. Above and below the bars are two blue fields with three gold stars in each field.
The present coat of arms was adopted in 1898. The shield is blue with a diagonal silver bar bearing a gold sword and three silver stars above and below the bar; a gold helmet with closed visor; mantling of blue and silver; the crest; a right arm, armored, hurling a javelin; the open motto on a rib and below the shield.